This is the process for creating a powerful NLP anchor. Your anchor will enable you to access strong feelings or behaviours that you experienced in the past. You will then be able to recreate them at any time you need them as a resource to enable you to achieve a desired outcome in the present.
- Identify the state – the feeling and/or behaviour that you wish to anchor
- Dig into your memory to find a time when you were in that state.
- Remember vividly what you saw, heard and felt when you were in that situation. Then make the everything you saw, felt and heard more vivid, more colourful, larger, louder to intensify the state.
- Be absolutely certain that it is you who is experiencing the state.
- Now anchor the state: i) choose some action to be your anchor, i.e. crossing your fingers or scratching your cheek. ii) Now close your eyes and recreate the state you wish to anchor as vividly as possible. When it looks, feels and sound as strong as you can make it, fire your anchor. Hold for 5 seconds then open your eyes and relax.
- Release yourself from the state by a physical action, i.e. shaking your arms by your sides, talking about a different subject or walking around.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 several times
- Test your anchor by crossing your fingers or scratching your cheek or using whatever anchor you chose. If you experience the desired state all is well, you can now use the anchor as often as you wish for the rest of your life. But do use it at least once a week to make sure that it is in good working order. If firing your anchor does not recreate the desired state go back to step 5 and repeat the exercise.
- From now on you will be able to experience the desired state at any time you wish simply by using your anchor.
- Routines That Will Help You
In my new book Create The Life You Want every chapter shows you a routine that will help you overcome the obstacles that you might encounter on the journey to becoming the person you can become. You don’t need to be hesitant or doubtful any longer. You can quickly develop your confidence to achieve anything that really matters to you. You can feel relaxed and happy all the time. All you have to do is develop routines.
My next Create The Life You Want workshop is entitled “Discover What You Love Doing” it will take you through the first step to using your natural talents and abilities to become the person you can become. It is on Sunday 15th October.